I know it’s a Thai recipe again, but believe me, its so very scrumptious!!! Be sure to get the right rice for this dessert – regular (savory) rice will not work; you need sweet rice (picture attached, you can get it in Waitrose).
- 1 cup Thai Sticky Rice
- 1-2 ripe mangos, cut into bite-size pieces
- 4-5 Tbsp. palm sugar OR brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 can good-quality (thick) coconut milk
- water (for boiling or steaming the rice)
- Put 200g of Thai Sticky Rice and 350ml of water into a saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover and simmer gently for about 15 minutes or until all water is absorbed.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix 225ml of coconut milk with the palm sugar. Stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the still-warm cooked rice to the mixture, cover and set aside for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, simmer the rest of the coconut milk in a small pan uncovered for 10 minutes. To serve, place the sticky rice in the center of a large plate, arrange mango slices and drizzle the remaining coconut milk over the rice.
Substitute mango with banana or pineapple for an equally delicious dessert. ENJOY!