- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and diced (about 5 cups)
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced (about 3 cups)
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped, (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 small onion
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 small piece of ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 small chili
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Start by warming the coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat. Sauté the onion and the carrot for about three
to five minutes. Next, add the squash and sweet potato to the pot and pour in the vegetable broth. Then add the spices and salt and bring to a boil. Once it has started to boil, reduce to a simmer and cover while allowing it to cook for about twenty minutes or until all of the veggies are very tender.
Using blender, puree the vegetables until a thick, smooth consistency is reached. Pour in the coconut milk and continue to blend until it is mixed thoroughly. Serve warm with roasted seeds and herbs of your choice (parsley), enjoy!